Last update: November 20 ,2022
- THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The following categories of personal data will be collected about you in connection with this policy:
- Personal data you provide: this information includes your first name, last name, E-mail address, phone number, physical address and customer type. We collect this information about you, ONLY if you voluntarily choose to provide it yourself (for example: when you communicate with us, or while submitting certain forms in or through the Web Site). We refer to this personal information as “Contact Information”. You are not legally obligated to provide us your Contact Information, but if you do not provide it we will not be able to communicate with you.
- Personal data we automatically collect when you access our Web Site: this information includes information derived from cookies, pixel tags and web beacons, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, browser language, and the web page you have visited immediately prior to visiting the Web Site or other numeric codes used to identify a computer. We refer to this information as “Analytics Information”.
- HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION AND OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR IT
We use your personal data in the following ways:
- We use your Contact Information and Analytics Information to provide, maintain and improve your user experience and Web Site operation.
Our legal basis to process your Contact Information and Analytics Information for the maintenance and improvement of the Web Site is our legitimate business interests to continue to maintain our product and service offering to individuals in order to keep running our business;
- We process your Contact Information to respond your inquiry and send you further information, if you have specifically requested from us about our business, products and services.
Our legal basis for sending you marketing offers and information is our legitimate interest to respond to your inquiry and provide you with our services;
- We process your Contact Information to send you the newsletter and/or marketing messages relating to any of CAESARSTONE products (collectively, “Marketing Massage(s)”), but only when you consent to do so. We may do this electronically, for example by email. You may tell us at any time if you do not wish to receive Marketing Message from us by contacting us through our online contact form, available at Contact Us and by following any instructions we may include in the message we send to you. For example, a STOP message will appear at the foot of marketing text or email messages we send you.
Our legal basis in processing your Contact Information to send you Marketing Messages is your explicit consent;
- We process your Analytics Information for our analytics research purposes, to evaluate the effectiveness and improve our services, new updates and your user experience.
Our legitimate interest in processing your Analytics Information for the evaluation and improvement of our services is our legitimate interest in developing, improving and operating our business and Web Site.
- We process your Contact Information and Analytics Information to prevent fraud, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce the Terms of Sale, establishing your use of the Web Site and performing activities through the Web Site, disclaimers and limitations of liability governing the use of our Web Site, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
Our legal basis for processing your Contact Information and Analytics Information to prevent fraud and resolve disputes as specified above, is our legitimate interest in complying with mandatory legal requirements imposed on us, or in defending and enforcing against violations and breaches that are harmful to our business;
- For any other purpose disclosed to you in advance, in connection with our services from time to time. If we intend to process your personal data for a purpose other than that set out above, we will provide you with information prior to such processing, and will obtain your consent where necessary.
- DISCLOSING YOUR INFORMATION TO OTHER PARTIES AND OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR IT
We share your personal data with other companies or individuals as follows:
- Third parties who provide a service to CAESARSTONE, such as with vendors that assist CAESARSTONE in sending email, marketing and customer service (including their sub-contractors), on the understanding that they will keep the information confidential and not use it for their own purposes.
The legal basis for sharing your information with our vendors is our legitimate interest in administering contractual obligations with vendors;
Our legal basis for doing so, is our legitimate interest in complying with mandatory legal requirements imposed on us, or in defending and enforcing against violations and breaches that are harmful to our business;
- Any of CAESARSTONE subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with CAESARSTONE, in which case CAESARSTONE will require them to honor this policy. Additionally, in the event CAESARSTONE goes through a business transition such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, your personal data may be among the assets transferred.
Our legitimate business in sharing your information with our subsidiaries and affiliates is our legitimate interest in our business continuity; and
- Third parties to whom you ask CAESARSTONE to send personal data.
The legal basis for sharing your information with third parties upon your request is your explicit consent.
If we transfer your information in accordance with the above to recipients located in countries not recognized as having an adequate level of data protection, we make use of standard contractual clauses which have been approved by the European Commission or the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), as applicable. Where appropriate, we also requires to use your information strictly in accordance with our instructions. Some of these recipients are located in Israel, which ensures an adequate level of protection, in accordance with Commission Decision of 31 January 2011 and the UK adequacy regulations.
- THIRD PARTIES’ PRACTICES
This section does not cover the information practices exercised by other providers of products or services, advertisers or other web-sites, or companies/people that CAESARSTONE does not own or control, or does not employ or manage. CAESARSTONE would like to emphasize that CAESARSTONE is not and cannot be responsible for the content or the privacy policies of websites to which it may link or websites that link to CAESARSTONE’s Web Site.
- SECURITY PRECAUTIONS TO PROTECT YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
We are committed to use our best efforts to maintain the security of your personal data. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information. We adhere to industry standard practices and procedures to help safeguard and secure the information we collect. Although we use our best efforts to protect the security of your personal data and our system, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, no transmission via the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result of this and other factors beyond CAESARSTONE’s control, we cannot and do not guarantee the absolute security of the information that you transmit to or through our Web Site. Therefore, you assume that risk by using the Web Site.
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR EU AND UK RESIDENTS
- Additional Rights for EU and UK residents. You have various rights with respect to our use of your personal data:
- Right to Access. You have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you. Please note that there are exceptions to this right, so that access may be denied if, for example, making the information available to you would reveal personal data about another person, or if we are legally prevented from disclosing such information. You are entitled to see the personal data held about you. If you wish to do this, please contact us using the contact details provided below.
- Right to Rectify. We aim to keep your personal data accurate, current, and complete. We encourage you to contact us using the contact details provided below to let us know if any of your personal data is not accurate or changes, so that we can keep your personal data up-to-date.
- Right to Object. In certain circumstances, you also have the right to object to processing of your personal data and to ask us to block, erase and restrict your personal data. If you would like us to stop using your personal data, please contact us using the contact details provided below.
- Right to Data Portability. You have the right to request that some of your personal data is provided to you, or to another data controller, in a commonly used, machine-readable format.
- Right to be Forgotten. You have the right to ask for erasure of your personal data when the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, or when, among other cases, your personal data have been unlawfully processed, subject to Section 8 below.
Right to easily and at any time Withdraw your Consent to us processing your personal data to email you our newsletters or to the use of non-essential cookies on our Web sites. The withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
Complaints. If you believe that your data protection rights may have been breached, you have the right to lodge a complaint the applicable supervisory authority or to seek a remedy through the courts. For a list of supervisory authorities in the EU, click here. If you are in the UK, you can lodge a complaint to Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) pursuant to the instructions provided here.
You can exercise any of the abovementioned rights by contacting us through our online contact form, available at: Contact Us.
When you contact us, we reserve the right to ask for reasonable evidence to verify your identity before we provide you with information. Where we are not able to provide you with information that you have asked for, we will explain the reason.
- HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will retain your personal data for the period necessary to fulfil our business purposes or to comply with applicable law, audit requirements, regulatory requests or orders from competent courts.
- CONTACT US